Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Four Important Things Everyone Needs to Remember

I've been considering shaving off half my hair lately, but my parents have been totally against the idea. They think I'll look stupid and I'll feel stupid, but I (obviously) disagree with them. My main argument is that it is my body, and I can do with it as I please. I think that everyone should feel this way too, and I'm here to help this mindset become popular.

1. It's your body.

Yes, it's kind of a given, but this is so important. It is your body, so anyone else's opinions shouldn't matter. Yeah, if someone says, "Hey, you have some lettuce in your teeth," or something, fix it, because that's just kind of a fact, and who wants to walk around with food in their teeth? But if someone says, "Hey, you're too fat" or "Hey, you're too skinny," ignore them.


Basically, if you can change what the person thinks within five minutes, fix it. If not, then too bad for them. It's who you are, and if they can't stand that, too bad.


2. Everything that you think looks good on you looks good on you.

If you want to wear high-waisted shorts, go ahead. If you want to wear a vertical-striped dress but you're tall, hey, it's what you think that matters. If you're chubby, wear all the horizontal-stripes that you want. Don't want to shave your legs? They're yours! Want bright blue hair? Go for it! Love sweatpants? If that's what you want to wear, wear 'em! So what if magazines say "if you have this body type, wear blah blah blah"? It's what you think looks good that matters, so rock it!

3. Be aggressive.


This one might seem a little bit random, but being aggressive is an important thing to do. If someone says, "hey, you look dumb in that," just say, "No, I really don't."
It's your body, and you need to let people know that. Telling people that yeah, it is your body is the only way that it's gonna get through to them. You need to let people know that you don't care what they think, and that the only opinion that matters to you is your own.

Who cares what guys hate? It's your choice, ladies.
4. Respect others.

Okay, so I know I'm saying to be aggressive, but don't hurt someone. If someone is genuinely trying to help you, don't tell them that you don't care. For example, if someone shows you one of those magazine articles that says what people with each body type should wear, don't yell at them. Say, "I know that you're trying to help me, but I'm fine. I'm making decisions about my body, and I'm not letting anyone else get involved in that, even 'experts'. So thank you for your help, but I don't need it." Unless the person is being mean to you, there's no reason to be mean to them. Don't forget to respect other people's fashion choices, too. They're theirs, not yours, so do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

If you follow these four rules, be prepared for a happier life. Don't let other people get you down when you can lift yourself up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment